May 20, 2011

Cinco de Mayo

I was on Marthastewart.com and I saw a recipe for guacamole so I decided to do a little party for two for dinner.  I made guacamole, my favorite chicken recipe, homemade chips, churros, and topped it off with Sidral Mundet to drink.  I'll include either the link, or the recipe for these dishes.  It was incredible.  I recommend making all of these things!


Guacamole found here.  I also added tomatoes and extra cilantro.  For the chips, Randal and I make them from corn tortilla shells that we broil in the oven.  They are thicker and crispier.

My chicken recipe I got from a friend in a dinner group.  It is one of my go to recipes and is so fresh and tasty.  I have altered it slightly from the original, so here you go!

Garlic Lime Chicken:
1tsp salt
3/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
2 cloves fresh pressed garlic (you could use garlic powder)
5 Tbsp olive oil
1 med Onion diced
mozzarella cheese
avocado
tomatoes
limes
cilantro

Rub seasonings onto 6 chicken breasts and brown in oil.
Remove chicken and saute onion in remaining oil.
Place chicken in casserole dish and top with onions.  Sprinkle 1-2 handfuls of cheese on top of chicken and bake at 350 degrees until chicken is cooked.  (Roughly 15 mins)
Top with sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, cilantro and freshly squeezed lime juice.  Salt to taste.

You should definitely try it and I will post the recipe for churros later.  Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?