May 22, 2011

Churros

As promised, here is the recipe for the churros.  They were delicious.  I didn't have all the right tools, but I made it work with what I did have.  Hope you like these bad boys!


Churros:
1/2 c butter
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 c water
1 c flour
3 eggs
vegetable oil, for frying
cinnamon sugar, for dusting

In medium saucepan, combine water, butter, sugar and salt.  Bring to boil then reduce heat to low.  Add flour and stir.  
Transfer mixture to a bowl and beat in eggs.
Spoon mixture into a pastry bag with large open-star tip.  
Heat oil (4-5 inches deep) in large pan.  Squeeze out batter, snipping off 4 inches with kitchen shears.  Fry, flipping over until golden brown.  
Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels.  Roll churros in cinnamon sugar mixture.

I didn't have a pastry bag, so I used a ziploc bag with a corner cut off.  Didn't turn out too bad.  Try it and let me know what you think!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?