Feb 28, 2011

part 2: The reception

I always wanted to have an outdoors reception, so we followed my older siblings lead and had it in my parents backyard.  My dad loved on that yard all summer, and it turned out great.  The only bad thing was after we got married in Idaho, we drove the 3 hours to the valley, set up, and then about 15 minutes before the reception started, it poured.  So everything was quickly moved inside, then 30 minutes later it stopped, so we moved it back outside and set up for the second time.  I didn't even get stressed out, which was weird.  It was hectic, but it worked out.  Both our families helped so much.

 All of the treats were made by either me, my mom, or my sisters.  
Our wedding cake is in the top right corner.  I made that with help from a lady I worked with.

 My grandpa let us borrow his Oldsmobile.  
When I first saw it a few years ago I knew I wanted to use it for my wedding.  It is such a beautiful car.

 The birdcage for the letters.  
My sister used this at her wedding (it is her mother in law's) so we wanted to use it as well.  

 My roommate of 3 years and best friend Crystal.  
I got all the bridesmaids matching heart locket necklaces since they didn't have the same dresses.  
I filled them with little notes and gave them to everyone the night before the wedding.

We had Zeppe's (Italian water ice) cater.  Lemon & Passionfruit. 
It was my mom's idea. 
Best. Idea. Ever. 

 
For our guest book, we had everyone sign a note to us on a card and then they filed it by their last name.  It worked and was really nice to find sweet notes from friends and family.  We even found some from these little weasels above.  They took matters into their own hands.


 
 We only danced for one song because we were in our line from 6:30-9pm.  And as we danced it started to rain.  
It was quick, but I loved it.

This is just as we were leaving.  
What you can't tell from this pictures is that we drove down the road, switched cars, then drove to Iggy's to eat.  
We were starving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?