Jul 13, 2012

Bathroom Babies

One of the best (and worst) qualities about Sally is that she alerts us whenever someone is coming to our house.

Imagine me, lounging in bed, watching Dawson's Creek, wearing sweats and a T-shirt, house a mess, completely not expecting house guests when I hear a car pull up and Sal starts going nuts.  I peeked out the window to see a little hispanic family, a mom, dad, and four kids pile out of their car with a video camera and start walking towards the back of the house.  As quick as I can, I start cleaning up the living room and I hear them knock on our front door.  They were very friendly and explained that their second to youngest son was born in this house, right in the bathroom, and that his birthday is coming up and they wanted to show him.  Hoping they meant the basement bathroom, I asked and they kindly responded that it was in fact not the basement, but my upstairs bathroom and they were hoping to come in and see it.  Mortified, I let them in.  The VERY last thing I was expecting to do was let a Latin family in my bathroom to see where their son was birthed.  I wasn't even wearing a bra for the day! But they came in and I apologized for the mess (cleaning up today is on my to do list...I just haven't felt like getting up for the day yet...) and 5 minutes and 10 pictures later they were gone.

Now that they are gone I honestly don't think I will be able to look at my bathroom the same way again.  There is also incentive for me to always keep my house clean, even the bathroom and our office/junkroom where they insisted on showing their kids their old bedroom.  It was very bizarre but they looked so happy and were so friendly that it probably wasn't as weird as it could have been.

So that's about it.  A baby was born in my bathroom.  How has your Friday been?

The very bathroom!

3 comments:

  1. hahahahahahahahahahahahaha reminds me of that one fake show "i didn't know i was pregnant"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with your life. So happy that you're blogging regularly. This story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's an awesome story! My Friday was much more boring than yours!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?